SERVPRO Storm Team
SERVPRO of Crescenta Valley / East Glendale is part of a network of over 1,800 restoration specialists, stretching throughout the United States as well as Canada – strategically stationed to be available for whatever happens at a moment’s notice. When things that matter most are on the line, make sure SERVPRO® is too. SERVPRO of Crescenta Valley / East Glendale is faster to any size disaster.
Should a storm or natural disaster situation strike the greater Los Angeles area, our office will notify local and surrounding SERVPRO locations. And as we begin to provide relief to homes and businesses alike, hundreds if not thousands of highly-trained SERVPRO professionals will start to pour into the disaster zone and provide back up and support to our already existing restoration efforts. Whether it’s damage caused by a leaky water pipe or an earthquake of catastrophic magnitudes, there’s no such thing as a job too big that SERVPRO can’t handle!
The days immediately following a major storm event, such as area-wide flooding, are critical to prevent secondary damages, like mold. SERVPRO of Crescenta Valley / East Glendale suggests the following steps to help minimize additional damage to your property.
- If the water has entered the structure through the flooding of a creek, stream or river, or if it has filtered through insulation during its intrusion, it is considered to be black water and could be hazardous to your health. Avoid contact with contaminated items as much as possible.
- Take the greatest caution while entering your home, and wear sturdy shoes and protective clothing when dealing with flooded areas.
- Do not attempt to operate any electrical equipment while standing in wet or damp locations.
- Throw away all foods - even canned goods - that have come into contact with flood waters.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and pillow cushions for drying. Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Place fans at 45-degree angles to walls and move large furniture away from walls to create the best air circulation.
- If your home has a crawlspace, be aware excess moisture in this area can often foster mold growth.
"The first 24 hours after a water damage or flood are so crucial to keeping final costs of the damage down," said Don Turner, Director of SERVPRO’s Disaster Recovery Team. "A lot of flood situations require professional equipment and knowledge of the science of drying to mitigate. By taking these steps, property owners can help minimize damage until the professionals arrive."