Be safe during Rains
Rainstorms are the most common natural disaster in the U.S. Through heavy rainstorms can come significant loss and have a heavy effect. Things such as flooding, contribution to flash floods, mud-flows, or over-topping levees and dams become more likely to happen. Here in California heavy rains can happen, putting properties like your home or business at risk. Here are some tips to help you avoid floods as well as some driving tips to keep you safe.
Tips to help your home or business avoid floods:
- Purchase flood insurance: Call your insurance agent make sure your covered for FLOODS
- Install rain gutters and other drainage systems: Clean out rain gutters frequently
- Fix any leaks IMMEDIATELY.
- Extra roof protection: Spend a few hundred dollars more to install a rubber roof underlayment, a waterproof barrier that goes under the shingles and protects the roof from water intrusion.
Tips for drivers during the rain season:
- Avoid cruise control: This feature works great in dry conditions, but when used in wet conditions, the chance of losing control of the vehicle can increase.
- Slow down and leave room in front of you: Slowing down during wet weather driving can be critical to reducing a car’s chance of hydroplaning, when the tires rise up on a film of water.
Remember if you do experience a flood in your home or business SERVPRO of Crescenta Valley/East Glendale is one call away and we make your water damage "Like it never even happened."
Call us at (818) 842-1400