What to do After a Flood
Flash floods can happen at any moment. They are often a significant source of rainfall in Southern California, but with that can come water damage to homes and commercial properties. Here are some tips to follow after a flood.
1. Only return to your home or property when it is deemed safe to do so. If there was a mandatory evacuation, wait until that is lifted to return.
2. Inspect your home or property. Look for leaks, water damage, hillsides, or slope movement.
3. Drive carefully, many roads will be covered with mud, debris, and often holes.
4. Be vigilant for mudslides as they can happen days after the flood after the soil dries.
5. Be prepared for the next flood by preparing slopes and high risk areas during the winter time.
SERVPRO of Crescenta Valley / East Glendale is faster to any size disaster!